Northwest Ontario Resources Section
FREE Resource Directory
Interactive directory map of resources, business and locations throughout Northwest Ontario
Downloadable Maps and Resources
Maps, GPS Enabled Maps, Guidebooks and downloadable resources for Northwest Ontario
A collection of websites and articles that will help you in your adventures in Northwest Ontario.
Maps and Guidebooks
Become a member to gain access to the full Map Library!
- Links go bad and/or move from time to time.
- Rules and regulations are from official websites and booklets only.
- If you are looking for a particular bit of information, ask.
- To submit a site or resource, use the contact form below.
- No guarantees as to the legitimacy of the information of websites.
Official Government resources, licensing and information
RESOURCES FOR NON-RESIDENTS
Hunting and Fishing Licenses and outdoors cards can be purchased online [ HERE ]
They can also be purchased at MNR/Service Canada locations – See link on right for locations and contact information.
US RESIDENTS AND OTHER NON-RESIDENTS OF CANADA
Camping on Crown land:
Non residents of Canada are required to purchase a crown land camping permit from a local Service Canada / MNR (Ministry of Natural Resources District office. Cost = $9.35 + tax (per person, per night)
Under 18 you do not need a fishing license or outdoors card. You do need to be accompanied by someone who holds a valid outdoors card and fishing license.
For over 18
1 Day sport fishing license: $23.01 (Does not require an outdoors card)
The following require an outdoors card as well ($9.68)
8 Day sport fishing license: $53.54 ($30.53 for conservation license)
1 Year sport fishing license: $83.27 ($51.65 for conservation license)
3 Year sport fishing license: $249.81 ($154.96 for conservation license)
Please visit [ Here ]
Notes on crossing the border.
- US Law prohibits the export of ammunition – it could be seized at the border
- You must have a valid passport to return to the US
- Fresh fruit/vegetables are usually not allowed in either direction
- Prohibited weapons and handguns are not allowed into Canada
- Declare everything
Enjoying the Canadian Outdoors is great, it is our local businesses that are responsible for services, information and supplies and they are the ones that provide taxes to keep the access points to our lakes rivers and hunting areas open. Please support local Canadian/Ontario Businesses on your trip.
CANADIAN RESIDENTS (NOT RESIDENTS OF ONTARIO)
Camping on Crown Land:
Canadian residents (Canadian citizens and people who have lived in Canada for at least 7 months of the preceding 12-month period) can camp on crown land without a permit for up to 21 days at a single location.
Fishing: See links to right
Hunting: See links to right